Washington University of St. Louis Lead, Clinical Lab Technologist / Analytical Services - Lipid Research - 47146 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. Position hours are generally 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is for Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, & Lipid Research; Core Laboratory for Clinical Studies. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Performs routine and complex assays on blood and body fluids as well as supervisory duties for ensuring quality and compliance with all regulatory agencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises medical technologists and laboratory assistants in Analytical group; responsible for training and competency evaluations.
- Works with Laboratory Manager for scheduling across various workstations and with Lab Manager and Director to hire, as necessary.
- Oversees the development and validation of new assays and equipment as necessary. Coordinates updates and development of procedure manuals. Utilizes database, spreadsheet, and word processing programs.
- Manages documenting and reporting related to the laboratory’s quality improvement program, quality control review, proficiency testing, and document control as necessary for compliance with CAP/CLIA regulations.
- Performs routine and complex assays according to laboratory Standard Operating Procedures; includes routine maintenance and troubleshooting of instruments and equipment. Solves routine problems without supervisory assistance; participates in complex problem resolution.
- Reviews assay data and complies with all regulatory and client requirements for testing and documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or equivalent with at least 5 years relevant clinical laboratory experience and demonstrated supervisory skills.
- ASCP registry or equivalency.
- Demonstrated ability to perform tasks in an organized and systematic manner.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and reporting skills.
- Previous experience working in a CAP-certified laboratory.
The hiring range for this position is $27.15 - $34.62 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
Job Location/Working Conditions:
Normal office environment with some work performed in a clinical laboratory environment with frequent exposure to blood, body fluids, and chemical hazards. Must be physically able to wear protective equipment.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Lead, Clinical Lab Technologist / Analytical Services - Lipid Research - 47146
Job ID: 47146
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time