Washington University of St. Louis Education Specialist - Clerkship, Residency & Fellowship Programs - Ob/Gyn - 49485 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Ob/Gyn. The position is located at the Center for Outpatient Health. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position responsible for the oversight, education and training activities of the clerkship, residency and fellowship programs in the department of OB/GYN. Supervise and train the members of the team, development of materials and implementation of guidelines relating to the programs, organization of programs and monitoring their success.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work directly with Vice Chair of Education and Vice Chair of Residency Program to direct our Departmental programs as well as with the GME office for program oversight.
- Directly assist in the coordination of the OBGYN Residency and Fellowship Programs in the department.
- Follow all University and ACGME guidelines to maintain compliance for these programs.
- Develop educational framework for seminars, conferences, and in-service programs.
- Develop educational materials including: Q & A documents, overheads, slides, forms and other teaching tools.
- Work with Marketing Coordinator to maintain website and training sites for students in the program.
- Maintain education and training program files.
- Analyze submission materials/committee letters and prepare and submit reports to determine needs and to measure the program’s success.
- Organize and participate in programmatic meetings and site visits.
- Act as educational liaison to departments/divisions, investigators and their support staff.
- Associate degree or higher in education, nursing, or another field relevant to the educational activities of the department.
- Experience in development of educational/training materials.
- Five to seven years of experience coordinating residency and/or fellowship programs.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of ethical and regulatory issues involving human subject research.
- Working knowledge of federal regulations and institutional policies.
- Experience/expertise with Front Page Editor, PowerPoint, HTML and Word.
- Experience in developing/maintaining a web page.
- Working knowledge of effective use of internet.
The hiring range for this position is $56,472 - $73,403 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Education Specialist - Clerkship, Residency & Fellowship Programs - Ob/Gyn - 49485
Job ID: 49485
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time