Washington University of St. Louis Cyclotron Facility PET Technician - Radiology - Research Entities - 46992 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Radiology - Research Entities. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position is responsible for the production of radiopharmaceuticals for clinical and research purposes and performance quality-control analyses.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares radiopharmaceuticals for clinical and research use.
- Performs analytical analyses of final radiopharmaceutical preparations for clinical or research purposes.
- Performs basic maintenance on instruments used for clinical/research radiopharmaceutical production and quality control. Reports difficulties immediately.
- Helps prepare sterile reagents used in the production of radiopharmaceuticals. Follows all appropriate written SOPs for pharmaceutical preparations 100% of the time.
- Orders necessary supplies in a timely and cost-efficient manner. Confirms receipt of incoming packages and appropriately receives incoming orders.
- Assists in cleaning and organizing the cyclotron facility.
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or combination of equivalent experience and education required.
- Analytical chemistry experience.
- Knowledge of computers.
- Experience working with radioactive compounds.
The hiring range for this position is $17.00 - $22.96 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Cyclotron Facility PET Technician - Radiology - Research Entities - 46992
Job ID: 46992
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time