Washington University of St. Louis Clinical Research Supervisor - Ob/Gyn - 49043 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Ob/Gyn. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Screens and recruits new and existing participants, responsible for patient care and follow-up for patients on protocols. Works with research team to coordinate current, as well as new tests/procedures needed to perform research protocols. Supervises research administration team.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Screens and recruits new and existing participants directly or by telephone contact.
- Reads and understands all protocols in order to co-enroll participants or refer to study coordinators.
- Responsible for patient care and follow-up for patients on protocols.
- Responsible for appropriate response to conflicts, including scheduling extra visits or lab tests in consultation with physician.
- Ensures case report forms are properly filled out and complete; tracks down missing data.
- Documents participants’ food records, body composition data, health history, medications, and results from metabolic studies.
- Assists in education and training of new staff involved in studies.
- Provides input for research designs and protocols.
- Designs case report forms and tracking logs for studies.
- Develops and implements a monthly research activity calendar to establish a system to ensure timely scheduling of participant testing and coordination of health professionals during all phases of the studies.
- Works with the research team (nurse coordinator, investigators, clinical research staff) to coordinate current, as well as new tests/procedures needed to perform research protocols.
- Supervises research administration team (hiring, terminating, and scheduling assignments).
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of three years of clinical research experience required; some level of lead or supervisory experience preferred; a combination of work and education equaling seven years may substitute for this requirement.
- Some experience in a medical office.
- Working knowledge of computers.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
The hiring range for this position is 56,472 - $72,009 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Research Supervisor - Ob/Gyn - 49043
Job ID: 49043
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time