Washington University of St. Louis Clinical Research Supervisor - Medical Oncology - 42296 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Medicine, Division of Oncology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Screens and recruits new and existing participants directly or by telephone contact.
- Reads and understands all protocols in order to co-enroll participants or refer to study coordinators.
- Responsible for patient care and follow-up for patients on protocols.
- Responsible for appropriate response to conflicts, including scheduling extra visits or lab tests in consultation with physician.
- Ensures case report forms are properly filled out and complete; tracks down missing data.
- Documents participants’ food records, body composition data, health history, medications, and results from metabolic studies.
- Assists in education and training of new staff involved in studies.
- Provides input for research designs and protocols.
- Designs case report forms and tracking logs for studies.
- Develops and implements a monthly research activity calendar to establish a system to ensure timely scheduling of participant testing and coordination of health professionals during all phases of the studies.
- Works with the research team (nurse coordinator, investigators, clinical research staff) to coordinate current, as well as new tests/procedures needed to perform research protocols.
- Supervises research administration team (hiring, terminating, and scheduling assignments).
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 3 years of clinical research experience required.
- Some level of lead or supervisory experience preferred.
- A combination of work and education equaling 7 years may substitute for this requirement.
- SOCRA or ACRP certification required within 12 months of hire or at the time of eligibility.
- Some experience in a medical office preferred.
- Working knowledge of computers, effective communication, and interpersonal and organizational skills.
The hiring range for this position is $55,370 - $70,595 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Research Supervisor - Medical Oncology - 42296
Job ID: 42296
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time