Washington University of St. Louis Clinical Research Study Assistant II - Anesthesiology - 50078 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Anesthesiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
A Washington University School of Medicine research group seeks a research assistant. The group within the Department of Anesthesiology conducts research on the interface of health information technology usability, quality of care, handovers of care, and applications of artificial intelligence. A research assistant is needed primarily to conduct interviews with healthcare workers regarding their experiences with the electronic health record and their opinions of potential changes. Candidates seeking growth in research skills can receive training and recognition for contributions to academic projects.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in recruitment of study participants as identified in related protocol; visits with study participants to explain study, screens for eligibility and obtains informed consent of participants.
- Completes all necessary paperwork/documentation according to study protocol; obtains consent and interviews study subjects/schedules/follow-up.
- Performs basic/scripted assessments to confirm eligibility to participate in study; explains and schedules laboratory and diagnostic procedures and/or treatment as required in the study; refers participants to basic resources as necessary.
- Conducts interviews with study participants; administering surveys, collects data from study participants, medical records, interviews, questionnaires, diagnostic tests and other sources as required by the study; performs basic evaluation and interpretation of collected data and prepares appropriate reports and documentation as necessary; prepares and distributes study packets and information; contributes and executes study preparation activities.
- Assists with other duties as assigned by research team.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certification plus two years of administrative or research experience, preferably in a medical environment; Associate degree or two years of college may substitute for experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Clinical research experience.
- Excellent communications skills with medical professionals.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Experience with standard office software, Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Medical, interview, or IT background.
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
The hiring range for this position is $17.58- $21.98 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Research Study Assistant II - Anesthesiology - 50078
Job ID: 50078
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time