Washington University of St. Louis Clinical Research Specialist - Ob/Gyn - 49809 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. Position hours are generally Monday through Friday during the day.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
We are seeking a smart and motivated Clinical Research Specialist to engage in a broad portfolio of Foundation and NIH-funded research focusing on chronic disease management in pregnancy through a life course approach, health equity promoting interventions, and community based participatory research. Will support the Chief of the Division of Clinical Research within the department of obstetrics and gynecology, which includes a strong research infrastructure supporting clinical investigation in reproductive health.
Position is responsible for collaborating with the Principal Investigator on the design, data analysis, conduct and reporting of research projects.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advise and assist PI with the design, conduct, evaluation, and reporting of clinical trials and epidemiological studies, including:
- Provide high level of direct and indirect support for study design, grant preparation and reporting, protocol development, amendments to protocols, and developing and administering research budgets.
- Coordinate research team functions, including all duties associated with the coordination and implementation of clinical research studies, data collection, and the management of data generated by study protocols.
- Support PI by drafting sections for manuscripts and grants.
- Conduct literature searches related to research projects.
- Perform data analysis and/or data management using the latest and best methodologies in statistical packages, including generating tables and graphs.
- Data management skills to manipulate data in the database. Collaborate with Data Manager as needed to maintain efficient, accurate, useful data/reports/ etc. in database. May assist in design and development of data entry systems. May assist in implementation and maintenance of data collected over time for research purposes, including acquisition, editing and reporting.
- Perform complex statistical analysis of data collected and write interpretative reports.
Verify that data submitted are correct and make recommendations based on these analyses.
Serve as a resource to the clinical research staff; provide comprehensive direction to clinical research personnel; may participate in the hiring, training, and evaluation of clinical research staff.
- Develop and implement appropriate policies and procedures.
- Research and recommend new methods and procedures to maintain standards and improve quality.
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed and that research projects are completed according to IRB and federal guidelines.
- Assist with mentoring student research projects.
Bachelor of Science degree plus four years of clinical or research experience with at least one year of lead or supervisory experience included; eight years of relevant education and work experience may substitute for this requirement.
- MS, MPH, or PhD preferred.
- Experience in data management to manipulate data collection databases.
- Ability to use SAS, SPSS, R or STATA.
- Knowledge of Redcap.
- Able to exercise good judgment to maintain confidentiality and ensure integrity of data.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment and be flexible to contribute to the needs of the group.
- Knowledge and communication skills- ability to be clear, direct, and tactful when communicating.
- Proficiency in career skills, including strong medical writing and critical evaluation of scientific literature.
- Ability to set priorities and effectively meet timelines.
- Demonstrates basic presentation skills at Investigator or team meetings.
- Good judgment, professionalism and independence are needed in interfacing with staff, project leaders, study coordinators, and investigators
- Technical competency - displays in-depth knowledge of clinical study procedures and maintains an awareness of environment as it affects clinical research.
- Knowledgeable in patient centered outcomes research methodologies.
Base pay commensurate with experience.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Research Specialist - Ob/Gyn - 49809
Job ID: 49809
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time