Washington University of St. Louis Clinical Research Coordinator II - Infectious Diseases - 48585 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases. The position is located at the Northwest Tower. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Assists investigator with basic to moderately complex research studies, and will be responsible for managing multiple epidemiological and clinical research studies simultaneously. Responsible for conducting literature searches; preparing oral/poster presentations, writing manuscripts, preparing progress reports; coordinating contributions from various research members to ensure timely completion of deliverables; maintaining IRB approval; and managing and documenting all phases of study protocol as required by sponsoring agency to ensure compliance. Will interact regularly with a research team that includes statistical data analysts, data programmers, epidemiologists, clinicians, and clinical researchers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Confers with PI to assist in developing plans for research projects and discuss the interpretation of results; collaborates in the preparation of manuscripts for publications and preparation of grant proposals to sponsoring agencies; assists in the preparation of amendments to protocols and/or modifications to study design as appropriate.
- Assists in writing study protocols for study design, analysis, definitions of exposures, outcomes covariates, study limitations, etc.; reviews journals, abstracts and scientific literature to keep abreast of new developments and to obtain information regarding previous studies to aid in the planning of new studies.
- Routinely implements and manages all phases of study/protocol; ensures compliance with protocol guidelines and requirements of regulatory agencies; establishes record-keeping systems; resolves IRB/protocol management issues and recommends corrective action as appropriate; serves as liaison with funding or sponsoring agency.
- Prepares oral or written presentations or reports and analyses for conferences and similar settings.
- Performs other duties incidental to the work described herein.
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of two years of clinical research experience; a combination of relevant work and education equaling six years may substitute for this requirement.
- Master’s degree in epidemiology, biostatistics, or relevant field.
- At least one year experience in epidemiological, biostatistical, data sciences, public health, or clinical research.
The hiring range for this position is $48,131 - $60,174 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Research Coordinator II - Infectious Diseases - 48585
Job ID: 48585
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time