Washington University of St. Louis Clinical Research Coordinator I - Neurology - 48811 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position involves coordination and implementation of clinical research projects. Manages genetics database and repository. Coordinates between other clinical research groups at other sites both nationally and internationally to receive clinical information and biospecimens. Collates incoming genetic test results from clinical and research patients. Trains with ClinGen to become a biocurator. Coordinates phone conferences with other biocurators. Participates in manuscript drafting. Will work directly with the PI and Senior Research Coordinator. 50% of this position time will utilize computer data entry following training and mentorship through clinical genetic variant biocuration.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates research studies, recruitment of study participants and obtains informed consent related to the GRASP-LGMD consortium.
- Completes all study paperwork and schedules follow-up visits.
- Reviews patient charts, collects data and enters into databases.
- Coordinates bi-monthly variant working group video conferencing.
- Assists with scheduling study related procedures and clerical tasks as needed to include answering phones, computer entry, copies and fax material.
- Attends routine meetings and other meetings related to genetic research.
- Trains and performs variant biocuration for limb-girdle muscular dystrophy genes.
- Consents patients in person or via telephone for genetic studies.
Bachelor’s degree required; prior work experience, preferably in clinical research support, is highly preferred; a combination of relevant work and education equaling four years may substitute for this requirement.
- Knowledge of genetic research study protocols.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Organizational ability and good communication skills.
- Computer skills (PC): Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail programs.
- Familiarity with databases.
The hiring range for this position is $43,326 - $54,204 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Research Coordinator I - Neurology - 48811
Job ID: 48811
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time