Washington University of St. Louis Clinical Research Coordinator I - Neurology - 46990 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. The position is located at the Irene W Johnson Institute. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Coordination and implementation of all aspects of research in Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders including research study participant recruitment, study visits, completing regulatory materials, and data management.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with principal investigators to meet the research objectives of projects.
- Collect, process and ship biologic samples for research studies.
- Recruit participants for multi-center trials.
- Take medical history of study participants.
- Prepare IRB and RDRC paperwork as needed to ensure seamless flow of study protocols.
- Coordinate and conduct study visits for multi-center clinical trials as needed.
- Administer questionnaires and perform neuropsychological testing as required by clinical trials.
- Collect and enter research data on participants in electronic databases and paper documents.
- Coordinate with pharmaceutical companies as needed for any industry sponsored studies.
Bachelor’s degree required; prior work experience, preferably in clinical research support, is highly preferred; a combination of relevant work and education equaling 4 years may substitute for this requirement.
- Prior work experience in clinical research support is highly preferred with particular emphasis on neuropsychological test administration and regulatory documentation.
- Working knowledge of techniques and methodologies used in developing, coordinating, and managing research projects with working knowledge of database management, spreadsheet, and statistical analysis software.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work well with patients and co-workers.
- Ability to draw blood.
The hiring range for this position is $43,326 - $54,205 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Research Coordinator I - Neurology - 46990
Job ID: 46990
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time