SSM Health Clinical Laboratory Scientist, PRN in St. Louis, Missouri
Under general supervision, performs and interprets a variety of complex laboratory tests in one or more sections of the laboratory to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of patients. Operates and maintains instrumentation according to established procedures and protocols. Serves as a resource
person for other laboratory staff. Assists in maintaining the department in a state of regulatory preparedness.
- Promotes an overall exceptional patient care experience by responding to requests in a timely manner and providing quality laboratory test results and/or services in a professional, supportive environment.
- Contributes to the overall clinical performance through efficient unit operations by following policies and procedures, reporting needed changes, and maintaining accurate documentation related to job duties.
- Promotes exceptional safety and clinical outcomes by complying with procedures, rules and regulations such as infection control policies and procedures, quality control and maintenance procedures and proper patient specimen identification protocol.
- Contributes to the overall employee satisfaction by demonstrating an ownership of our department goals and vision by actively participating in staff meetings, project teams and surveys and offering assistance to others when needed.
- Plays an active role in the financial performance through responsible use of department resources and efficient organization of workload.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and training (Must meet the qualifications for personnel performing high complex testing as outlined in CLIA 88 regulation).
- Medical Technologist by Registry Board of ASCP, NCA or AMT
SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis –
SSM Health DePaul Hospital is a 476-bed hospital offering comprehensive medical services, including inpatient and outpatient surgeries using state-of-the-art technology and facilities. Opened in 1828, DePaul Hospital - St. Louis was the first hospital west of the Mississippi River and remains the oldest continuously existing business in St. Louis. DePaul Hospital serves patients from across the St. Louis metropolitan area, including the communities of Bridgeton, Florissant, Hazelwood, St. Ann, St. John, Maryland Heights and Overland.
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Req ID: 18013223
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Louis-SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis
SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis (0128) 12303 DePaul Drive Bridgeton, 63044
Schedule Hours Per Pay Period: 63044
Weekend Rotation: PRN
Normal work hours: Clinical Support & Technical Services
Job: SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis
Organization: SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis
Work Locations: SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis (0128) 12303 DePaul Drive Bridgeton, 63044