Washington University of St. Louis Center for Applied Research Sciences in St. Louis, Missouri
Position works on an as needed basis.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Center for Applied Research Sciences. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position provides direct patient care and education for patients receiving treatments, examinations, surgeries, etc., in medical office according to established procedures.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes the nursing process in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating a plan of patient care.
- Provides patient care, which may include administering medication, performing procedures, and monitoring patient status in accordance with approved nursing practice.
- Provides appropriate counsel and education to patients/family regarding disease process and symptom management.
- Maintains medical records requiring appropriate and timely recording of patient information.
- Consults with members of the health care team, adjusting nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
- Assists the health care provider with examinations, procedures, prescription refills, and other processes related to direct patient care.
- Maintains required skills and competencies and participates in educational programs, staff meetings, and in services such as CPR as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- Current Missouri RN licensure in accordance with Compact Act; Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements.).
- 1 year of related medical experience.
- Working knowledge of general nursing theory and practice with ability to recognize and interpret symptoms/conditions and ability to function in new and emergent situations.
The hiring range for this position is commensurate with experience.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
This position is not eligible to receive benefits.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Staff Nurse (PRN) - Center for Applied Research Sciences - 41796
Job ID: 41796
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: On Demand