Washington University of St. Louis Bioinformatics Research Assistant - Ophthalmology - 48640 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Ophthalmology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Assists with research projects including computational data analysis and documentation of experimental results.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists research studies with implementation of:
- Existing algorithms and computer software for analyzing omics-based data sets [high-throughput, massively parallel genomic/proteomic/clinica].
- Data management and analysis solutions that assist in storage, investigation, and dissemination of large data sets.
- Works with research team to develop new algorithms to support studies.
- Assists with reporting of methods, data, and results.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, bioinformatics, biostatistics, or related field; OR combined education and experience of five years.
- Experience with RNA Sequencing analysis, Familiarity with biology and immunology.
- Ability to interpret data in the context of biologic and immunologic principals.
- Analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- Good understanding of computational biology.
- Ability to analyze and interpret large complex data sets, such as sequences, microarray gene expression studies, human genetic studies, and model organism studies, and to communicate data in a clear, concise manner.
- Expertise in standard bioinformatics tools.
The hiring range for this position is $15.46 - $20.88 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Bioinformatics Research Assistant - Ophthalmology - 48640
Job ID: 48640
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time