Washington University of St. Louis Bioinformatics Research Analyst - Oncology - 49523 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Oncology. The position is located at 4444 Forest Park Blvd. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
*POSITION SUMMARY: *
Provides critically complex research and experimentation for departments allowing the advancement of scientific analysis and discovery. Serves as a subject matter expert offering support, training and guidance relative to the discipline/area. May participate and/or present on the research developed, or the established work of those within the department.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Algorithms and computer software for analyzing omics-based data sets [high-throughput, massively parallel genomic/proteomic/clinical].
- Data management and analysis solutions that aid in the storage, investigation, and dissemination of large data sets.
- Coordinates research project with other investigators and institutions.
- Participates in developing hypotheses and experimental design.
- Assists with reporting of methods, data, and results.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, bioinformatics, biostatistics, or related field plus two years of experience; OR a master’s degree in computer science, bioinformatics, biostatistics, or a related field; OR combined education and experience of seven years.
- Analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- Good understanding of computational biology.
- Ability to analyze and interpret large complex data sets, such as genome sequencing, microarray gene expression studies, human genetic studies, and model organism studies, and to communicate data in a clear, concise manner.
- Expertise in standard bioinformatics tools.
The hiring range for this position is $40,706 - $54,933 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Bioinformatics Research Analyst - Oncology - 49523
Job ID: 49523
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time