Washington University of St. Louis Andrologist - OB/GYN - 50017 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. Occasional weekend hours will be required.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Ob/Gyn. The position is located at 4444 Forest Park. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position serves patient needs by performing in daily operation of the laboratory. Daily procedures and responsibilities include preparation of semen samples for insemination, semen analysis, cryopreservation of semen specimens, patient scheduling, operation of Abbott IMX equipment, and on occasion, radio-immunoassays.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the continuous improvement of quality and service to ensure the school’s goal of excellence in clinical outcomes and 100% consumer satisfaction.
- Accepts labels and handles specimens according to laboratory guidelines. Performs procedures and tests in a consistent fashion to yield valid results. Documents results as trained.
- Performs and documents internal quality control procedures and preventive maintenance in accordance with laboratory guidelines. This includes the proper maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment. Activities are performed in compliance with federal regulations, i.e. Clinical Laboratories Improvement Amendments (CLIA).
- Observes established safety measures. Avoids creating hazardous situations. Recognizes actual and potential hazardous situations and problems, and utilizes problem-solving skills to correct them. Reports hazardous problems to the General Supervisor or Laboratory Director in a timely manner and documents appropriately.
- Tabulates or calculates statistical data generated in the laboratory. Assists the Laboratory Director with development and revision of laboratory manuals.
Equivalent of bachelor’s degree in biological sciences that includes coursework in biology and chemistry.
- Experience with computerized database.
- Excellent fine motor skills, eye-hand and other neuromuscular coordination and visual depth perception.
The hiring range for this position is $43,326 - $54,204 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Andrologist - OB/GYN - 50017
Job ID: 50017
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time