Bass Pro Shops Sourcing Agent in Springfield, Missouri
Sourcing Associates will be prompt and professional when representing White River Marine Group in the course of daily business. Primary duties include material sourcing as required and specified by engineering, system activation of material for purchasing, general price management, cost reduction opportunities, supplier/material consolidation projects and overall representation of the supply chain.
Some travel may be required to visit suppliers and company manufacturing facilities.
Basic Duties and Responsibilities:
• New material sourcing, quote comparison, supplier selection
• Prepare request for quotation and use the competitive bid process to solicit capable sources of supply including freight, discounts, rebates, terms
• Review proposals negotiate with supply base at best total quality, delivery and cost.
• Track and report cost variance impact
• Respond and support engineering, new product development internal requests for supply
• Understand strategies and proactively drive initiatives to meet sourcing objectives
• Provide monthly system update for commodity index pricing
• Manage supplier relationships
• Participation with cross functional teams to achieve specific goals
• Negotiate and execute supply agreements
• Participate in problem resolution
• Manage purchased part price variance
• Support special projects or initiatives as required.
• All other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skill Requirements:
• Displays attention to detail and has high expectations for personal performance
• Must be able to multi task in fast paced office environment
• Proficiently uses Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point
• Displays a confident/assertive personality for supplier negotiation and relationship management
• High sense of urgency for positive results
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Previous experience related to material management, sourcing and purchasing activities
• Minimum High School / GED Diploma
• Preferred BS/BA in related field – relevant to material management, material science and purchasing activities