SSM Health Teacher I in Maryville, Missouri
Provide safe, nurturing and educational care to children. Assist with the functions of a specific program: infant, toddler or preschool, and net-working with families.
- Children are our #1 priority; all actions, choices, and behaviors reflect what is in the best interest of each child.
- Safety and sanitation are our #1 concerns; continuous supervision of children and vigilance in the classrooms, on our playgrounds, and inside and outside of our building to maintain and report repair and safety issues. Continuous implementation of sanitation processes are important steps in reducing the spread of common infectious diseases or conditions among children and child care providers. All objects or any surface a child comes in contact with should be cleaned and sanitized or disinfected, including floors that could be contaminated and spread disease to staff.
- Interactions with children are frequent, appropriate, and responsive; showing affection, interest, and respect in a friendly, positive and courteous manner.
- Interactions with children support appropriate emotional development, social behaviors, and use a variety of teaching strategies to stimulate and enhance their growth and development.
- Provides a safe, loving, caring, and balanced atmosphere in developmentally appropriate activities and challenging in skill sets appropriate for each child.
- Acts as role models; encourages and demonstrates health habits, safety, and nutritional practices to children.
- Celebrate and foster positive identity, sense of self, emotional well-being, and social skills; encourage children to think, reason, question, and experiment.
- Space is arranged following ECERS/ITERS criteria and provides safe, appropriate and challenging experiences.
- Play includes outdoor activities daily with a balance of free play and organized outdoor activity, developing physical skills and coordination while promoting team/group participation, collaboration, and cooperation.
- Interactions with co-workers are courteous, celebratory, informative, pleasant, conducted in a timely manner and includes communicating respectfully, sharing and collaborating plans to assure that children's needs are addressed above all others, and takes responsibility and initiative to appropriately resolve conflicts with staff members.
- Interactions with parents are respectful, supportive, courteous, celebratory, informative and pleasant.
- High School Diploma and working on a major working with children or at least 1 year experience in a child care setting.
- Pediatric Heart saver CPR certification/First Aid Certification.
- 1 year or more years experience in a Child Care setting.
- Successful completion of a Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services Family Care Safety Registry background check
SSM Health St. Francis Hospital – Maryville
SSM Health St. Francis Hospital – Maryville is an 81-bed full service, fully accredited healthcare organization providing medical care to the residents of Northwest Missouri. As a rural hospital, St. Francis offers emergency, maternity, behavioral health, inpatient, and outpatient services to meet the needs of our community.
Req ID: 18011940
Primary Location: Missouri-Maryville-SSM Health St. Francis Hospital – Maryville
SSM Health St. Francis Hospital – Maryville (0042) 2016 S. Main St. Maryville, 64468
Schedule Hours Per Pay Period: 64468
Weekend Rotation: Part Time (Not Benefit Eligible), Days
Normal work hours: Professional Services
Job: SSM Health St. Francis Hospital – Maryville
Organization: SSM Health St. Francis Hospital – Maryville
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Francis Hospital – Maryville (0042) 2016 S. Main St. Maryville, 64468