St. Mary's Good Samaritan Teacher I in Maryville, Missouri
Provide safe, nurturing and educational care to children. Assist with the functions of a specific program: infant, toddler or preschool, and net-working with families.
- Children are our #1 priority; all actions, choices, and behaviors reflect what is in the best interest of each child.
- Safety and sanitation are our #1 concerns; continuous supervision of children and vigilance in the classrooms, on our playgrounds, and inside and outside of our building to maintain and report repair and safety issues. Continuous implementation of sanitation processes are important steps in reducing the spread of common infectious diseases or conditions among children and child care providers. All objects or any surface a child comes in contact with should be cleaned and sanitized or disinfected, including floors that could be contaminated and spread disease to staff.
- Interactions with children are frequent, appropriate, and responsive; showing affection, interest, and respect in a friendly, positive and courteous manner.
- Interactions with children support appropriate emotional development, social behaviors, and use a variety of teaching strategies to stimulate and enhance their growth and development.
- Provides a safe, loving, caring, and balanced atmosphere in developmentally appropriate activities and challenging in skill sets appropriate for each child.
- Acts as role models; encourages and demonstrates health habits, safety, and nutritional practices to children.
- Celebrate and foster positive identity, sense of self, emotional well-being, and social skills; encourage children to think, reason, question, and experiment.
- Space is arranged following ECERS/ITERS criteria and provides safe, appropriate and challenging experiences.
- Play includes outdoor activities daily with a balance of free play and organized outdoor activity, developing physical skills and coordination while promoting team/group participation, collaboration, and cooperation.
- Interactions with co-workers are courteous, celebratory, informative, pleasant, conducted in a timely manner and includes communicating respectfully, sharing and collaborating plans to assure that children's needs are addressed above all others, and takes responsibility and initiative to appropriately resolve conflicts with staff members.
- Interactions with parents are respectful, supportive, courteous, celebratory, informative and pleasant
- Currently enrolled in a college program with at least 6 college credits in early childhood education, child development, elementary education, early childhood special education, or related field.
- Pediatric Heart saver CPR certification/First Aid Certification.
- 6 months or more supervised or independent experience with young children in a group setting.
- Successful completion of a Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services Family Care Safety Registry background check.
Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily.
- Standing or walking more than 4-6 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 6-8 hours a day
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper operation.
SSM Health St. Francis Hospital – Maryville –
SSM Health St. Francis Hospital – Maryville is an 81-bed full-service, fully-accredited healthcare organization providing medical care to the residents of Northwest Missouri. As a rural hospital, St. Francis offers emergency, maternity, behavioral health, inpatient, and outpatient services to meet the needs of our community.
Organization: SSM Health St. Francis Hospital – Maryville
Primary Location: Missouri-Maryville-SSM Health St. Francis Hospital – Maryville
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Francis Hospital – Maryville (0042) 2016 S. Main St. Maryville, 64468
Job: Professional Services
Req ID: 19000194