Aerotek LCMS Chemist/GC-MS Chemist in Maryland Heights, Missouri
Aerotek Scientific is currently seeking qualified candidates for a LC-MS or GC-MS Chemist. This will be a first shift Monday-Friday opportunity with a flexible start time.
Global leader in analytical chemistry, advanced microscopy, surface analysis and analytical testing services of various types of materials from synthetic biomaterials to nanotechnology. Many of their clients require investigative analysis and this lab specific deals with polymer chemistry. This is a fast paced lab with strict deadlines to hit.
• Expertise in analytical chemistry which includes:
o Understanding of quantitative analysis, e.g. external calibration, internal standard calibration, standard addition
o Analytical method development and validation experience
o Familiarity with various instruments utilized in the lab (i.e. FTIR, GC-MS, etc.)
o Experience with various polymer analysis techniques such as DSC, DMA, GPC, TGA, TMA and rheology a plus
• Design experiments with limited assistance from management and/or experienced scientists
• Interpret analytical data from various instrumentation and apply understanding to solving a specific problem
• Apply additional analytical data from techniques such as LC-MS, NMR, SEM/EDXA and ICP in solving a specific problem
• Write scientific reports fit for the audience that includes specific conclusions, exact methodology, and supporting analytical data
• Work comfortably in a fast-paced environment with firm deadlines
• Maintain analytical instrumentation and troubleshoot problems when necessary
• Author standard operating procedures and demonstrate the ability to follow procedures
• Collaborate effectively in a team environment
• Communicate constructively with other team members and managers
• Exhibit proficiency in Microsoft Office (Including Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
BS in Chemistry or related science with 2-5 years of LC-MS or GC-MS experience
recruit for character, willingness to learn, enthusiastic
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.