Honeywell Microelectronics Packaging Engineer in Kansas City, Missouri
Microelectronics Packaging Engineer
Design solutions to drive safe living and quality of life
The National Security Campus (NSC) is a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) facility managed and operated by Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technology (FM&T). Our primary business is to manufacture sophisticated mechanical, electronic, and engineered material components for our nation’s defense system. Our goal is to seek innovative solutions that surpass our customers’ expectations. To accomplish this, we research, develop, and deploy some of the most advanced design and manufacturing technologies in use in the United States today.
This Engineering position will support a Microelectronics Packaging team responsible for the design, development, production, and quality control of a wide range of complex and custom microelectronic packages, utilizing state-of-the art production techniques, processes, and equipment.
Summary of Duties:
Participates in the design, fabrication, packaging, and test of a wide range of microelectronic devices.
Contributes to the research and development of experiments to resolve complex engineering and quality problems involving highly technical and scientific methods.
As needed, performs support functions for project planning to achieve quality, delivery schedules, and cost objectives.
Writes technical reports on results and conclusions drawn from experiments conducted and incorporates findings in formal specifications.
Estimates set-up times, flow-times, costs of production and acceptance equipment, and compiles cost estimates and delivery quotations, monitors performance, and prepares reports, statistics, and recommendations for management review.
Plans and performs engineering testing and development programs and uses advanced statistical and scientific methods to address and resolve critical engineering and production problems to assure product manufacturability.
Originates, refines, and releases manufacturing or inspection work directions.
Based on research, applies, develops and recommends innovative methodologies and technologies which are equal to the industry's state of the art to resolve processing and design problems..
20 Participates in the design, fabrication, packaging, and test of a wide range of microelectronic dev.
20 Writes technical reports on results and conclusions drawn from experiments
20 Estimates set-up times, flow-times, costs of production and acceptance equipment
20 Plans and performs engineering testing and development programs
20 Originates, refines, and releases manufacturing or inspection work directions
YOU MUST HAVE:
• United States citizen and the ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
• B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or 4-year engineering degree from an ABET accredited program.
• Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering from an ABETaccredited program, or MS Physics.
• Relevant experience in microelectronics technologies such as semiconductor design, fabrication and packagingtechniques, and product testing.
• Self-motivated, pro-active, and the ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities
• Knowledge of electronic packaging materials and their associated mechanical, thermal, and electrical properties.
• Knowledge of solder based die attach, epoxy dispense, wire bonding, lid sealing, and transfer molding processes.
• Experience in the selection, setup, characterization, and programming of automated assembly equipment such as dieattach, wire bonding, and sealing equipment.
• Experience with applying statistical analysis methods to product/process development.
• Experience with setting up and executing Design Of Experiments (DOE) and performing capability analysis.
• Familiarity with reliability, failure analysis, and characterization processes.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and team skills.
Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell Aerospace Overview
- 1st Shift
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req165114
- Category: Engineering
- Location: ., Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.