HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Laboratory Manager in Kansas City, Missouri
Do you have the career opportunities as a Laboratory Manager you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to joinResearch Medical Centera facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
At RMC we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefitsincluding:
o Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
o Student Loan Forgiveness
o Paid Personal Leave
o 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
o Identity Theft Protection discounts
o Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
o Adoption Assistance
o Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
About this unit:
- The culture throughout the entire hospital is team and patient focused.
- Everyone on the team are motivated and leadership is committed to mentoring through career mapping for educational and personal success.
- Patient safety and satisfaction are our number one priority.
- Manages the daily operations of the Chemistry section (includes Chemistry, Hematology, Serology, Special Chemistry, and Urinalysis areas) of the laboratory
- Performs Human Resource functions
- Maintains current knowledge of laboratory accreditation/regulatory requirements for the laboratory section
- Develops and maintains section policies and procedures
- Performs administrative and technical duties necessary for the efficient operation of the laboratory section
- Works cooperatively with other laboratory management personnel to improve the operations of the laboratory as a whole. Serves as a resource to other laboratory managers/directors of laboratories in the HCA Midwest Division
- Serves as a liaison between laboratory technical staff and medical staff
Functions as a positive professional role model for laboratory staff, physicians, and other allied health care professionals.
Bachelor degree in medical technology or related science required AND completion of medical technology/clinical laboratory science professional program
- MT(ASCP) and/or CLS(NCA)
- Five years in the technical area
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
AtResearch Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, RMC embodies the mission and heart of HCA MidAmerica. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients’ health care needs, we staff over 700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties in our 590-bed facility.
Several of our renowned programs, including Level I Trauma, Sarah Cannon Cancer Care, Grossman Burn Center, Neuroscience Institute and Women’s Care Center, feature advanced technological resources used to diagnose and treat patients. Whether your healthcare needs are urgent and critical or simply routine and preventative, our advanced capabilities allow us to be one of the most comprehensive hospitals in the Kansas City region.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Laboratory Manager
Location: Missouri-Kansas City-Research Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09727-71302