PDS Tech Inc Lab Analyst l in Kansas City, Missouri
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs routine analytical testing on teams that work a variety of shifts that include working weekends and holidays. Requests additional work to increase team productivity.
•Prepares and analyzes numerous types of samples by a variety of physical and chemical analytical techniques using sophisticated analytical equipment. The instrumentation includes pH meters, densitometers, dissolved oxygen meters, conductivity meters, calorimeters, viscometers, rheometers, spectrophotometers, auto-titrators, ion chromatographs (IC), inductively coupled plasma spectrometers (ICP), laser particle size analyzers, gas chromatographs (GC), High Pressure Liquid Chromatographs (HPLC), titrators, densitometers, auto-claves, pipettors, platers, incubators, and ovens.
• Performs various microbiological tests including tests to determine spore counts and microbiological contamination.
• Understands and operates STARLiMS Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), Waters Empower laboratory data acquisition system, and other instrument-specific computer systems.
• Searches various databases for test methods, specifications, and standards to locate information required to complete analyses. Promptly and accurately records, calculates and reports analytical results.
• Maintains appropriate records to meet internal requirements as well as, ISO 9001, 14001, and 18001. Completes various daily instrument calibrations and inspections.
• Observes good safety and housekeeping practices. May serve as Safety Officer for the shift.
• Maintains laboratory supplies, prepares solutions, cleans glassware, disposes of solid/liquid waste and other duties to help in the overall operations of the laboratory. Trains others on waste management.
• Follow oral and written instructions.
• Reviews analytical data and various LIMS reports. Communicates and discusses any issues with other team members and supervision.
• Participates on continuous improvement sub-teams.
• Knowledgeable of RCRA hazardous waste regulations, waste determinations, waste codes, and how to immediately communicate discovery of spills and leaks. Also must know labeling, inspection, and recordkeeping requirements to accumulate waste in: satellite accumulation areas, less than 90-day containers, and less than 90-day tanks.
• Initial RCRA hazardous waste training shall be completed within 6 months of starting job, and refresher training shall occur annually thereafter.
• High school diploma and 2 years of analytical chemical laboratory experience. This experience should include doing chemical analyses.
• 10 -20 hours college chemistry and some experience in a chemical laboratory
• BS degree in a science discipline and 0 years laboratory experience.
Skill & Competency Requirements:
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• High attention to details and an ability to analyze outcomes against a standard.
• Ability to diagnose the typical instrument problems with little or no assistance and provide assistance to others.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to optimize efficiency and productivity of the laboratory
• Understands basic HPLC and GC operation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.