Land O' Lakes Calf Milk Replacer Research Scientist in Gray Summit, Missouri
Purina Animal Nutrition LLC (purinamills.com) is a national organization serving producers, animal owners and their families through more than 4,700 local cooperatives, independent dealers and other large retailers throughout the United States. With an uncompromising commitment to animal excellence, Purina Animal Nutrition conducts industry-leading R&D initiatives that create and sustain a valued portfolio of complete feeds, supplements, premixes, ingredients and specialty technologies for the livestock and lifestyle animal markets. Species served by Purina Animal Nutrition include both large and small animals, including cattle, horses, swine, chickens, hamsters, gerbils and rabbits. Headquartered in Shoreview, Minn., Purina Animal Nutrition LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Land O’Lakes, Inc.
This position will collaborate with the Land O’Lakes Animal Milk Products Milk Replacer Team to guide calf milk replacer research in pursuit of creating innovative products and enhancing our scientific progress. As a member of the dairy feed technical innovation team (research and development and technical solutions), this individual will work in a collaborative environment to guide development of new technologies and solutions for calf milk replacer nutrition.
Additionally, they will focus on young animal nutrition in collaboration with our other species groups such as small ruminants. Furthermore, they will also have opportunities to collaborate in the areas of health, metabolism and/or microbiome research and technical solutions. The preferred candidate is expected to collaborate on the execution and design of calf milk replacer experiments or assays to evaluate new nutritional products and programs for calves. Successful candidates will be capable of working as a team across the various species groups and enterprises; summarizing and analyzing research data; making conclusions based on findings; and writing final reports.
Education & Experience (Required):
Once you join our team, you will be expected to:
- Collaborate on nutritional feed research projects
- Disseminate research findings to internal personnel and customers.
- Generate test diets for animal feed research projects
- Generate insights and ideas for new product development
- Demonstrate excellentcollaboration skills and an ability to foster and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization.\
- Manage time and tasks efficiently while maintaining excellent quality of work.
- Demonstrate skills to communicate findings to marketing partners, technical services and the sales force
- Ph.D. in Animal Science, Dairy Science, or Nutritional Science with a strong focus on young animal/calf nutrition.
- Demonstrated strength for experimental design and data interpretation.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness and versatility to work with a variety of species in a matrix organization.
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Primary Location: US-Missouri-Gray Summit
Job Function: Research and Development
Job Type: New Grad
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting: Aug 8, 2018
Req ID: R-2968