Rose International INC Lab Technician in Creve Coeur, Missouri
Position Title: Lab Technician
Position Number: 302045
Location: Creve Coeur, MO
Desired Skill Set:
Biology, Lab Tech, Laboratory
C2C and STEM-OPT are not available
Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.
Key information for candidates -
Location: Creve Coeur 63141
Title: Lab Technician
Seeking a highly motivated individual to help in setting up research experiments and data collection for a variety of research projects in Seed Production Innovation. The successful candidate will work closely with numerous scientists and engineers to identify, develop and deploy new technological solutions into the Supply Chain Production operations. The willingness to help others, being flexible, excellent communication and interpersonal skills are key requirements for this role.
This is a unique opportunity to work with leading edge technologies and talented research scientists seeking to deliver the best in crop production. To ensure we are providing the best products for our farmers, the researcher is required to work safely, diligently and efficiently, and follow high standard operation procedures accurately to accomplish our goals in a time manner.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Help manage growth chamber, greenhouse and field projects involving media preparation, planting, maintenance, bagging, pollination, harvesting, plant disease and phenotype evaluations and other related work
• Assist in routine plant physiology measurements
• Assist in routine lab bench research involving dissections, imaging, quantification and identification of plant development tissues
• Assist in plant tissue and seed sampling
• Assist in data collection and analyses
• Follow ESH policies and procedures to ensure personal safety, the safety of others and the safe operation of the local research facility
• Assist in other projects and perform other duties as and when required
• College Level Diploma or B.Sc./B.A
• Basic computer skills including Windows, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Self-motivated with Demonstrated ability to organize and balance tasks
• Basic understanding of lab equipment operation and maintenance
• Ability to work with deadlines in diverse, dynamic, and fast paced environment
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision
• 1 year experience working in a lab environment
What top 3 things are you looking for on resumes of quality candidates?
Diploma or Bachelor''s Degree
Ability to work independently with limited supervision
What are the daily tasks?
Planting and grading a variety of established and newly developed seed quality tests. Cleaning and organization of materials for quality tests. Data collection and organization. Assisting any other projects that arise.#CBRose#
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
(Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)