CSL Plasma Plasma Processing Technician in Columbia, Missouri
With operations in 35+ nations and 20,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring at http://www.cslbehring.com is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma at http://www.cslplasma.com/careers , one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
• Under direct supervision, responsible for sampling, testing, shipping and storage of plasma collected from donors
• Following standard operating procedures (SOPs), collects plasma samples and moves plasma units to freezer to ensure product quality
• Monitors freezer and refrigerator temperatures, records variances and notifies appropriate personnel of malfunctioning equipment
• Ensures the accurate recording of donor data in the electronic donor information management system
• Maintains clean efficient work environment, and ensures sufficient operating supplies and forms are available
• Follows all Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures
• High School Diploma or equivalent vocational or technical training
• Minimum of 3 months' experience in laboratory or warehouse environment preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to perform basic math calculations
Different qualifications or responsibilities may apply based on local legal and/or educational requirements. Refer to local job documentation where applicable.
Worker Sub Type:
CSL makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable US federal, state or local law. CSL complies with all applicable employment laws, including but not limited to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and the Immigration Reform and Control Act. https://www.cslbehring.com/careers/eeo-statement