Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Associate Scientist II, Biotech in Columbia, Missouri
Eurofins BioPharma Product Testing- Columbia is looking for an Associate Scientist to join our fast-growing Biotech team which provides a comprehensive range of biopharmaceutical services from analytical physic-chemical characterization to routine release and stability testing utilizing well-established techniques including HPLC, capillary electrophoresis, light scattering, ELISA, cell bioassays and mass spectrometry.
The Associate Scientist conducts analysis and experimentation on substances in the laboratory with minimal supervision and using prescribed procedures (protocols, standard operating procedures, methods, etc.). Completes work for research and development, CGMP and/or GLP studies, and documents and reports data in a timely manner according to regulatory guidelines.
- Carries out somewhat complex routine experiments and procedures in accordance with all applicable regulatory (e.g. DEA, EPA, FDA, FIFRA, OECD, etc.) requirements as defined by protocol, method, and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- With guidance, may utilize new equipment and/or develop formulas, processes and methods for solution of technical problems.
- Analyzes organic and inorganic compounds to determine chemical and physical properties.
- Adheres to schedule according to Eurofin’s or contracting organization’s timetable and establishes daily or weekly routines necessary to ensure on-time delivery.
- Conducts title/skill appropriate procedures with minimal supervision using laboratory equipment, computer resources, and institutional libraries.
- Prepares standards and specifications for processes, facilities, products, and tests.
- May conduct research on manufactured products to develop and improve products.
- May induce changes in composition of substances by introduction of heat, light, energy, and chemical catalysts.
- Performs data analysis, first level, and peer review of data for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares data and reports of completed projects ensuring auditable quality for publication at completion of contracted work by clients.
- May assist in preparation of data and final reports for completed projects or studies.
- Depending on area of assignment, may handle regulated materials (quarantined matrices, DEA-controlled and radiolabeled materials, etc.), potential biohazard materials, and toxic chemicals according to company procedures.
- Depending on area of assignment, may conduct research into composition, structure, properties, relationships, and reactions of matter.
- Is likely to work on several projects concurrently.
- May assist in training staff on techniques necessary to perform laboratory assignments.
- May assist or serve as study director, principal investigator, or project leader for GLP or CGMP studies. May assist in planning the conduct of a study.
- Confers with scientists and colleagues regarding research, and prepares technical papers and reports
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field such as chemistry, biochemistry, biology, chemical engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, or other directly related field or degree with comparable coursework in the above areas and a minimum of three years of experience in a directly relevant or demonstrated comparable competency and skill attainment is required.
A Master’s degree in a relevant field may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree and experience.
Experience in the areas and techniques below is a plus:
- HPLC and/or UPLC
- Reverse Phase, Ion Exchange, and/or Size Exclusion types of chromatography
- Detectors: uv/vis, fluorescence, CAD, MALS, MS
- Capillary Electrophoresis (CE)
- Isoelectrofocusing (IEF) using iCE
- QA or quality data review experience with GMP or GLP
- Biotech CRO experience
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com .
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Organization: Eurofins BioPharma Product Testing Columbia, Inc.
Location: MO, Columbia
Job Code: 15150